Removing Acne Scars Acne No More
As someone with acne problems, clearing up your skin and removing acne scars is the first to getting your life back. Acne leaves not only those noticeable marks on your face, but also emotional scars since severe acne breakouts can really undermine one’s self esteem.
There are basically two ways to get rid of acne scars – go all natural or undergo medical intervention. If you can afford it, opting for one of the various acne scar treatments such as acne no more fractional laser treatment and chemical peels will give you an acne scar-free skin faster than choosing to go all natural. Home remedies for removing acne are inexpensive and have no side effects, but that they some time to really see the difference.
Acne Scar Removal through Medical Intervention
For severe acne scars such as those left by acne conglobata, it’s better to consult a dermatologist for fast and effective treatment. Various treatment combinations may also be possible to achieve optimal results. Below are three of the most popular medical interventions performed for acne scars:
- Topical acne scar removal creams – There are several prescription and over-the-counter topical medication to remove the ugly marks left by acne. The prescription drug retinoic acid which can be a cream, gel or liquid is applied to the scar twice daily. Over-the-counter creams, on the other hand, include onion extract and silicone dressing to be applied per package directions.
- Fractional laser therapy – This is a new procedure which involves getting rid of damaged skin in fractions, and is recommended for scars concentrated on certain parts such as the cheek or forehead. It’s milder than the CO2 ablative treatment with less remarkable results but also has less severe side effects.
- Subcision – There are acne scars wherein fibrous tissue has pulled down the epidermis causing an impaction. In this procedure, the scar is cut away and separated from the binding tissue below. A blood clot then forms that will help build the connective tissue underneath the scar pushing it to the surface and leveling the epidermis.
All Natural Acne Scar Remedies
Not all acne scars call for a visit to the skin doctor. For very minor to mild acne scarring problems, you can choose from different highly effective remedies easily concocted at home. The following have been tested and proven not only to clear acne scars but also revitalize the skin.
- Fenugreek leaves/seeds – There are two ways to use fenugreek seeds for removing acne scars. One is to make a paste from fenugreek leaves and then using it as a facial mask. The other is to boil the seeds, let it cool down, and then apply the solution on the acne scars.
- Olive oil – With its moisturizing quality, olive oil can improve the appearance of acne scars by softening the skin and reducing the visibility of acne scars and blemishes. Simply massage olive oil on the affected area at least once a day.
- Organic facial mask – Prepare a paste from one Tbsp of sour cream, one Tbsp of yogurt, one Tbsp of oatmeal, and a few drops of lemon juice. After such, you can now apply the mixture as a facial mask and leave on for about 10 minutes, and wash off completely.